Cached March 7, 2009, from
MONDRIAN: THE DIAMOND COMPOSITIONS
by E. A.
1979 National Gallery of Art Exhibition
110 pages with 76 b/w illustrations, 5 in
E. A. Carmean, Jr.: MONDRIAN: THE DIAMOND COMPOSITIONS.
D.C.: National Gallery of Art, 1979. First edition. Out-of-print.
9 x 10 softcover book with 110 pages and 76 b/w illustrations, 5 in
color. Catalog published in conjunction with a National Gallery of Art
exhibition of 8 paintings by Mondrian: July 15-Sept. 16, 1979. Mondrian
summed up his paintings best when he said, "Every true artist has been
inspired more by the beauty of lines and color and the relationships
between them than by the concrete subject of the picture."
- Foreword by J. Carter Brown
- Lenders to the Exhibition
- Mondrian: The Diamond Compositions by E. A. Carmean, Jr.
- Study Section
- Study A: Diamond Composition in Red, Yellow and Blue (Laboratory
research by Barbara Miller)
- Study B: Composition with Blue
- Catalogue E. A. Carmean, Jr. with Trinkett Clark
- The Diamond Paintings
- The Diamond Composition Drawings
- List of Documents
- Selected Chronology and Bibliography